Should I read a BOOK or take a COURSE?

There are lots of confusion these days as we have more options to pick from. As we grow we tend to look at answers to the problem all by ourselves. Considering Computer Science, we have a huge list of domains available like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile apps, Web apps, Computer Network and Security, Data mining, Data Science, etc. and whatnot. 

The first problem comes which domain to choose from, that is done, how do I learn it?
So should I read a book or take a course (online or offline).

Even if you choose one from book or course, still loads of options from a book list and course sites and types.πŸ€”

One solution to this problem is: πŸ€—

  Learn by doing. Simple, what am I saying is pick a domain, pick a project under the domain (a simple one, old one or just something of your own), and start developing it from scratch. Now you'll say I don't know anything about the subject, how am I going to code? So use the internet, check source codes of open source projects, browse StackOverflow, ping duckduckgo.com (personally recommended search engine), developer docs on official sites, etc. 

Once you started with the project you run into loads of problems that you may never run into if you have taken some course. Also, you get the knowledge and experience of working on a real-world problem which is more important than knowing the technology. When you complete one project you'll be likely to take another project that may be in another domain, slowly you'll realize you can teach yourself anything you want and can grow gradually.

I think that's all CS is about learning new skills and building tech by teaching ourselves and finding new ways to solve a problem.

I learned everything by myself and proud of that, which makes me more confident in my knowledge and the work I do.

If you like this post share or comment. If you don't comment and roast meπŸ˜…

Check out my portfolio (also there is a link to all my projects): https://ap-atul.github.io/

Also, check my other posts on CodeBook. 

Popular posts from this blog

Audio de-noising using Python (Wavelets)

Using FFMPEG to trim your videos

Converting HTML5 Game for Android | 2 Methods